Call for papers
The conference aims to explore innovative developments in the field of electronic lexicography. Papers on the following topics are particularly welcome:
- Automatic creation of dictionary content
- Crowdsourcing and its use in lexicography
- Visualisation of lexical data
- Linked lexical data and its presentation
- Exploitation of language resources: monolingual and multilingual corpora, learner corpora, lexical databases (e.g. Wordnet, Framenet, DANTE, Wikipedia)
- New reference tools with a dictionary element (e.g. learning tools, writing assistants)
- Dictionary writing systems and other software available to the lexicographer
- Integration of NLP tools (e.g. grammatical annotation, speech synthesis)
- Dictionary content in different digital media (e.g. tablets, mobile devices)
- Usage practices of the users of electronic dictionaries
- Automated customisation of dictionaries to users’ needs and characteristics (e.g. proficiency level, mother tongue)
- Integration of electronic dictionaries into language learning and teaching (e.g. CALL, translator training)
The abstracts, to be submitted by
1 February 2017 15th February, should be between 300-500 words in length (excluding references).
There will be three categories of presentation at the conference:
- Paper (25 minutes, including discussion)
- Software presentation (25 minutes, including discussion)
- Posters and demos
Software presentations should not include only a demo of the software but also other aspects, such as the analysis of user needs, rationale for certain features, specifics of projects/datasets etc. The posters and demos are intended to present research still at a preliminary stage and on which researchers would like to get feedback.
In order to give a presentation at the conference, you must have your abstract accepted. The authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit a full paper for the proceedings. We would like to inform you that we have submitted the application for the inclusion of eLex proceedings into SCOPUS.
The abstracts should be submitted via EasyChair.