The conference aims to explore innovative developments in the field of electronic lexicography. The focus of this conference is on post-editing lexicography. Beyond this year’s topic, papers discussing any of the following areas of lexicography are cordially welcome:
- Dictionary content in different digital media (e.g. mobile devices, tablets)
- Exploitation of language resources (e.g. via API): monolingual and multilingual corpora, learner corpora, lexical databases (e.g. Wordnet, Framenet, DANTE, Wikipedia)
- Linked lexical data, its integration and presentation
- Automatic creation of dictionary content
- Visualisation of lexical data
- New reference tools with a dictionary element (e.g. learning tools, writing assistants)
- Dictionary writing systems and other software available to the lexicographer
- Integration of NLP tools (e.g. grammatical annotation, speech synthesis)
- Usage practices of the users of electronic dictionaries
- Automated customisation of dictionaries to users’ needs and characteristics (e.g. proficiency level, mother tongue)
- Integration of electronic dictionaries into language learning and teaching (e.g. CALL, translator training)
- Crowdsourcing and its use in lexicography
Language of the conference: English
The abstracts, to be submitted by 1 February 2021, should be between 300-500 words in length (excluding references).
There will be three categories of presentation at the conference:
- Paper (25 minutes, including discussion)
- Software presentation (25 minutes, including discussion)
- Posters and demos
Software presentations should not include only a demo of the software but also other aspects, such as the analysis of user needs, rationale for certain features, specifics of projects/datasets etc. The posters and demos are intended to present research still at a preliminary stage and on which researchers would like to get feedback.
In order to give a presentation at the conference, you must have your abstract accepted. The authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit a full paper for the proceedings (indexed by SCOPUS).
The abstracts should be submitted via EasyChair.
Format of the conference
Given the ongoing Covid-19 situation, the format of the physical conference will be fixed no later than 60 days before the conference. If the epidemiological situation and travel restrictions do not allow for a physical event, the conference will be held virtually in which case the format may change to accommodate the specifics of online events. Proceedings will be published in either case.
As a result, there will be no early-bird registration but a two-week registration window after the conference format is announced (ca. May 1st-May 15th, 2021).