These four requirements apply to all submissions.
- Deadline: 21 June
- Language: English
- Upload to this link. The submission can be uploaded multiple times – we will use the latest uploaded version. The file name should have the following format:
(e.g. Paper-1_Smith_eLex2021_presentation – the “X” symbol means the number of your submitted paper and the last part depending on your type of submission.)
- Attach this consent form (in case the paper has several authors, write down names of all authors but only the main author/presentation should sign the form), please print it, sign/photograph it and scan it.
- Poster format:
- 1-page poster in PDF (contact us if you are considering using a different format)
- The page should include the title of your paper and name(s) of the presenter(s).
Presentations and demos
- Length: 10–15 minutes (full presentation), up to 3 minutes (software demo)
- Presentation/demo format:
- The first slide should include the name of your paper and name(s) of the presenter(s).
- The slides should be seen in the video.
- The video screen with the presenter is optional but highly recommendable.
- File format: any standard video format, preferably in MP4
We recommend one of the following tools:
You can also watch this video manual.
- Download Zoom (your operating system will automatically be detected).
- Install it on your computer and sign up for a new account.
- Log in to Zoom with your login credentials.
- Click “New meeting”.
- Test your microphone via the icon in the bottom right corner (instructions here).
- Click “Share screen” at the bottom.
- Select the screen which you wish to share (probably your PowerPoint, Google Slides, etc.)
- Adjust your screen – the screen with your presentation and the screen with you
- Click “Start recording”.
- Click “Stop recording”.
- Click “Stop sharing”.
- Quit your meeting by clicking “End meet for All”.
- Zoom now automatically converts your recording to the MP4 format. By default, local recordings are in the following directory (see more details here):
- Windows: C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Zoom
- Mac: /Users/[Username]/Documents/Zoom
- Linux: home/[Username]/Documents/Zoom
Please follow the instructions on the official website on how to record a slide show.
- Get Microsoft PowerPoint (a free trial available).
- Install it on your computer.
- Select “Slide Show” in the menu at the top of the screen.
- Click “Record Slide Show”.
- Choose the slide from which you want to start recording.
- Click the Record button in the top right corner.
- When you end your presentation, click the Stop button.
Please watch this demo tutorial on the official Microsoft 365 YouTube channel.
- Go to Calendar on the left side of the Teams app.
- Select “Meet now” in the upper right corner.
- Confirm by clicking on “Join now”.
- Click “Open share tray” at the bottom and select your presentation.
- Then click “More options” and choose “Start recording”.
- When you finish your presentation, click “Stop recording” (via ellipsis button) and end the meeting via Hang up button.
A few handy tips for your recording
- write your speaking notes on a paper (you will see only your slides on your monitor)
- you can also make a hard copy of your presentation if needed
- practice your speech a couple of times to avoid recording your presentation many times
- consider the place where you will record your presentation, e.g. avoid possible interruptions by your colleagues, family members or ambulance sirens, etc.
- first, record a short video with the introduction of yourself and the first slide to check what it looks like – especially the volume and quality of sound
- put a stopwatch on your table to see how much time is left.