Call for abstracts
You are invited to submit an abstract to the workshop “Collocations in Lexicography: existing solutions and future challenges”, which will be held in conjuction with eLex 2019 in Sintra, Portugal, on 30 September 2019. The workshop is organised by Iztok Kosem and Polona Gantar, and supported by the Slovenian Research Agency and the ELEXIS project.
The workshop seeks to address various topics related to collocations in dictionaries, such as:
- defining collocation for dictionary purposes, especially in relation to other multiword expressions
- challenges in collocation detection and/or automatic extraction from corpora
- statistics for measuring collocability
- using collocations in sense disambiguation or sense induction
- using collocations in describing differences between words such as synonyms
- using collocations to detect diachronic changes in word’s behaviour.
While presentations of specific resources are welcome, the contributions that focus on the methodological and theoretical challenges, and issues and solutions related to collocations will be preferred.
The abstracts should be approx. 300 words long and should be sent to email@example.com. The deadline for submission is 25 April 2019.